Allans Vehicle Services,
Wixenford Depot, Plymstock, Plymouth, PL9 8AA.
VAT no: 909 7647 80
You can drop your vehicle off and arrange to pick it up later.
You can wait in our family friendly waiting room, while we service your vehicle.
Your children and dog are welcome to wait with you!
Or sit outside in the sun (when it shines!)
I can sometimes drop you off, nearby, by prior arrangement.
And there's plenty to do nearby!
Saltram House We are next to the National Trust Saltram estate with its historic house. Stroll up the lane from my garage to the 'Stag Lodge' entrance gates. Entrance to the grounds is free and there's a cafe, play park and riverside or woodland walks.
NT Plymbridge river and woods is about 10 drive minutes away. It's within walking distance and can be reached from NT Saltram House.
Plym Valley Railway is about 10 minutes from the garage. You pass it if you walk from Saltram to Plymbridge. It's a heritage railway centre, preserving steam and diesel locomotives, carriages, wagons and other historic railway artefacts.
Plymouth Golf Centre is just a few minutes from us, on Haye Road.
Gables Farm Dog & Cats Home is a couple of minutes from the garage, on Merrafield Road. It's a rescue centre; You may not be looking for a new pet when you arrive, but you never know! They also sell pet beds and toys.
We're 10 minutes from Elburton Village with the Elburton Inn, Lemon Tree cafe, a bakery and charity shops to browse.
Plymouth Ski Slope and Snowboard Centre is 10 minutes from my garage.
There are plenty of family attractions including The Box, museum and art gallery.
Dartmoor is a 20 minute drive from my workshop.
If you’re here for longer and want the great outdoors, this site will interest you.
Looking for a good beach? Here’s a guide to Devon’s blue flag beaches.
Where to Stay
There are many guest houses, lodges and camp sites in the area. See this link for information.
Caravan and Camp sites
The closest site is about 10 minutes from my garage at Riverside caravan park. It's an 'all year' site for tents, caravans, campers and motorhomes.
Site in South Hams area.
Sites in Dartmoor area.
Tel: 01752 403400
Mob: 07471 002034
Text: 07471 002034
I work on my own. If I can't answer right away, please leave a message with your telephone number, so I can return your call.
If you contact me on Saturday or Sunday, I will respond on Monday.
Open Mon - Fri 8am til late.
Allans Vehicle Services
Terms and Conditions
Vehicles, keys and contents left at owners risk. Please read this link for full details.
1. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, please rearrange your booking. If you arrive with symptoms, you will be turned away.
2. Please remove any items which prevent clear access to the areas I need to work on.
3. Please leave all doors or windows open, to clear air from your car.
4. Place your key in the drop-box in the lobby at the reception entrance.
5. The area of your car that I work on, and your keys, will be sanitised before and after working.
6. I'm sorry, you can no longer wait in Reception. You are welcome to wait in the lobby by the open door. I'm next to NT Saltram House, where you can walk, or sit and enjoy the views.
7. Payment by debit card. No cash accepted.
8. 24hr drop off and collection can be arranged, at your own risk.
9. I can't show you problems on your car if we can't keep 2m distance or both wear masks.
I will update these rules when the situation improves. Take care everyone. Full details on THIS LINK