Brakes, steering, suspension and tyres are major safety components.
They all fail eventually due to wear and tear. The failure of one part can affect the performance of another.
Regular inspection and repair when needed will help keep your vehicle safer to drive.
I can adjust or renew all parts of disc or drum brakes, including brake pads, shoes, brake discs and brake pistons.
From worn pads to warped discs, or stuck brake calipers and leaking brake hoses, I can check and replace or repair all brake systems.
Depending on the age of the vehicle, a steering system can comprise of the steering wheel, shaft, box, steering rack, linkage, pinion, tie rods, steering shaft, bearings and wheels.
Faults are obvious when the steering is hard to turn, shakes or makes unusual noises; squeaking, whirring or grunts. You may notice fluid leaks and stains.
I can inspect, repair or replace all steering system components.
Suspension systems vary and can include shock absorbers, struts, coil springs, leaf springs, dampers, anti-roll bars, axles, diffs, control arms and wishbones.
They combine to support the vehicle weight, maintain ride height and absorb bumps in the road.
If faults develop, you may notice the vehicle nose dipping when braking, or excessive bouncing when going over bumps. Or the vehicle may lean to one side or no longer drive smoothly.
Tyres keep your vehicle in contact with the road and provide grip, to make driving safer.
If faults develop, you may notice an uneven pattern of wear, a bald spot on the tyre tread or a bulge in the tyre wall.
I can supply, fit and balance new tyres, offering the good quality at a price to suit you. This includes winter tyres, but I don’t repair punctures and don’t supply used tyres.
Because I am a sole trader and not part of a multi-national chain, I prefer to fit tyres (when needed) as part of other work such as repairs or servicing.
Tel: 01752 403400
Mob: 07471 002034
Text: 07471 002034
I work on my own. If I can't answer right away, please leave a message with your telephone number, so I can return your call.
If you contact me on Saturday or Sunday, I will respond on Monday.
Open Mon - Fri 8am til late.
Allans Vehicle Services
Terms and Conditions
Vehicles, keys and contents left at owners risk. Please read this link for full details.
1. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, please rearrange your booking. If you arrive with symptoms, you will be turned away.
2. Please remove any items which prevent clear access to the areas I need to work on.
3. Please leave all doors open, to clear air from your car. If it's raining, leave all windows wide open.
4. Place your key in the drop-box in the lobby at the reception entrance.
5. The area of your car that I work on, and your keys, will be sanitised before and after working.
6. You can no longer wait in Reception. You are welcome to stand in the lobby by the open door. I'm next to NT Saltram House, where you can walk, or sit and enjoy the views.
7. Payment by debit card. No cash accepted.
8. 24hr drop off and collection can be arranged, at your own risk.
I will update these rules when the situation improves. Take care everyone. Full details on THIS LINK