Brakes, steering, suspension and tyres are major safety components.
They all fail eventually due to wear and tear. The failure of one part can affect the performance of another.
Regular inspection and repair when needed will help keep your vehicle safer to drive.
I can adjust or renew all parts of disc or drum brakes, including brake pads, shoes, brake discs and brake pistons.
From worn pads to warped discs, or stuck brake calipers and leaking brake hoses, I can check and replace or repair all brake systems.
Depending on the age of the vehicle, a steering system can comprise of the steering wheel, shaft, box, steering rack, linkage, pinion, tie rods, steering shaft, bearings and wheels.
Faults are obvious when the steering is hard to turn, shakes or makes unusual noises; squeaking, whirring or grunts. You may notice fluid leaks and stains.
I can inspect, repair or replace all steering system components.
Suspension systems vary and can include shock absorbers, struts, coil springs, leaf springs, dampers, anti-roll bars, axles, diffs, control arms and wishbones.
They combine to support the vehicle weight, maintain ride height and absorb bumps in the road.
If faults develop, you may notice your vehicle dips when braking, or bounces excessively over bumps. It may lean to one side or no longer drive smoothly.
Tyres keep your vehicle in contact with the road and provide grip, for safer driving.
If faults develop, you may notice an uneven pattern of tread wear, a bald spot on the tread or a bulge in the tyre wall.
I can supply, fit and balance new tyres, including winter tyres. I don’t repair punctures and don’t supply used tyres.
Because I am a sole trader, I prefer to fit tyres as part of other work such as repairs or servicing.
Tel: 01752 403400
Mob: 07471 002034
Text: 07471 002034
I work on my own. If I can't answer right away, please leave a message with your telephone number, so I can return your call.
If you contact me on Saturday or Sunday, I will respond on Monday.
Open Mon - Fri 8am til late.
Allans Vehicle Services
Terms and Conditions
Vehicles, keys and contents left at owners risk. Please read this link for full details.
I'm following the Covid-secure government guidance.
1. If you have any symptoms, please rearrange. If you arrive with symptoms, you will be turned away.
2. Please wear a mask and keep a 2m+ distance.
3. Remove any items from your car, which prevent clear access to the areas I need to work on.
4. Please leave doors or windows open, to clear air from your car.
5. Put car key in the drop-box in the waiting room entrance.
6. I will sanitise your keys and the areas of your car that I work on.
7. I'm sorry, you can no longer wait here. I'm next to NT Saltram House, where you can walk, or sit and enjoy the views.
8. Payment by debit card. No cash accepted.
9.Contact free, 24hr drop off and collection can be arranged, at your own risk.
10. I can't show you problems on your car, if we can't keep 2m distance and both wear masks.
I will update these rules when the situation improves. Take care everyone. Full details on THIS LINK